The Movin’ Sit Junior and Disc ‘O’ Sit are air filled cushions which, when sat on, create a ‘wobble’. There are two surfaces to sit on a smooth surface on one side and circular dimples on the other for additional sensory input. Suitable for ages: 3+
Please Note: These should only be used for up to 30 minutes at a time with intervals. They are NOT suitable for full day use. It is still possible to slouch on a cushion so children need to be shown how to sit and should be encouraged to sit upright where appropriate. Maximum recommended weight: 45kg or 100lbs. Each pack will contain either a Movin’ Sit Junior or a Disc ‘O’ Sit.
Key learning this resource may support:
Movin Sit Junior Blue: When used in a sitting position, the wedge shaped design automatically moves the user into a sitting position by encouraging a forward pelvic position. Its main purpose is for posture, sensory input, helping the proprioceptive sense (sense of body awareness) and creating movement.
Disc ‘O’ Sit Red is helpful for good posture, sensory input and movement. It is also suitable for balance and motion exercises which support better coordination and improve reflexes and stability.
Suggested starting points for engagement:
- This resource can be used to support an individual child to sit with and engage with their peers during relevant parts of the daily routine for example, small – group time, greeting, story time etc. The design of the cushion is helpful for decreasing fidgeting and can help children to be active whilst sitting.
- Depending on a particular child’s needs, the cushion may be used to support balance.
Setting up the cushions:
- Remove the plug with a small spoon.
- Partially inflate by mouth or with a pump if necessary. Inflate as little or as much as is comfortable. Over inflating causes a bulge and will result in not being able to be used effectively.
- Cover the opening with your finger.
- Release your finger and quickly insert the plug.
- Please adjust the inflation according to the preferred comfort and stability level.
- Place the cushion on the chair, upwards, downwards or on the floor.
- To deflate the cushion, remove the plastic stopper.