The Sensory Light Reflective Blanket is shiny and crinkly offering opportunities for multi-sensory experiences for example, sound, vision and touch. Size 210cm x 140cm approximately. Suitable for ages: 3+
Please note the blanket should only be used under adult supervision.
Key learning this resource may support:
This resource provides a range of opportunities for children to engage in sensory experiences such as touch, vision and sound.
The blanket can be used in an open ended way and individual and cooperative play that develops may support social and emotional development.
Suggested starting points for engagement:
- Practitioners should firstly consider how this resource can be used to support children at their current levels and also offer a gentle extension to their learning as and where appropriate.
- The sensory blanket may be placed in a relevant area of the pre-school room by the practitioner such as the home corner, to support children’s open ended exploration and engagement with the blanket in creative play.
- The blanket may be used in the dark den where children can explore the range of sensory experiences offered as it is very responsive to any movement made by the child.
- The blanket may act as an emotional support for a particular child who responds positively to its warmth and a feeling of safety that might be created.
- The blanket can be used in dimmed light with a range of materials such as with the strobe bar to explore how it interacts with light.